- Reduces mental stress
- Promotes better sleep
- Calms a bad temper
- Induces mental relaxation
- Improves concentration
- Reduces anxiety
- Enhances self-image
- Provides a feeling of well-being
- Promotes greater creative expression
Benefits of Active Isolated Stretching
- Relaxes the body
- Calms the nervous system
- Lowers the blood pressure
- Slows respiration
- Loosen tight muscles
- Stretches connective tissues
- Reduces chronic pain
- Improves skin tone
- Reduces heart rate
- Increases blood and lymph circulation
- Speeds removal of metabolic waste
- Increases red cell counts
- Relieves tired and aching muscles
- Stimulates release of endorphins
- Improves muscle tone
- Relieves cramps and muscle spasms
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Promotes deeper, more effective breathing
- Speeds recovery from injury and illness
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces swelling
- Reduces scarring
- Improves posture
- Reduces tension headaches
- Decreases muscle deterioration
Specific Benefits of Active Isolated Stretching are:
- AIS improves oxygenation and nutrition of myofascial structure
promoting growth and repair.
- AIS stimulates the circulation and drainage of lymph, which helps
eliminate wastes from metabolic wastes.
- AIS improves flexibility and health of muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- AIS breaks down the friction and "gluing" among fascial sheathes.
- AIS separates fibrosis and breaks down adhesions that may result from trauma or inflammation.
- AIS realigns collagen fibers to better stretch.
- AIS reduces muscle spasms.
- AIS reduces the risk of muscle strain, tear and overuse.
- AIS helps to restore a more natural and functional posture.
Specific Benefits of an Optimal Flexibility Program for Athletes
- Athletes reach peak performance sooner and sustain it longer.
- Muscles respond more quickly and powerfully.
- Performance is improved with reduced chance of injury.
- Muscle stiffness is reduced as excess lactic acid buildup is removed.
- Reduction in metabolic wastes allow muscles to rejuvenate quicker after intense workouts or athletic events.
- Athletes recuperate more quickly. Healing of injuries is faster and
stronger without the loss of power due to the development of transverse fibrosis.
- Reduction in spasms, splinting, and tension as a result of constricted
- Athletes increase their career span and level of performance.